[olug] Report Generator

K.J. Kirwan kjk_elec at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 25 23:58:53 UTC 2004

Hi Eric,

You might be interested in this article from
the March 2004 (Issue 119) Linux Journal:

> Manipulating OOo Documents with Ruby

It describes OOoExtract, a Ruby application which
can find data in OOo files from the command line.
OOoExtract is a search (read-only) application.

But the author is working on a more general app now,
which he says will be able to read, create, update,
and delete.  The author writes, "To this end, a
project named OOo4R has been created on RubyForge,
the Ruby software CVS repository."

I am not familiar with Ruby, but I found his project:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/ooo4r/
Maybe I'll have to learn it?
> An Interview with the Creator of Ruby (Nov 2001)
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2001/11/29/ruby.html

I would be interested in following along with you
on this, because I too may have a situation which
would benefit from the use of auto-generated
OpenOffice.org documents.  Feel free to email me
about this.  Please let us know what you learn.

Thanks,

Kim