[olug] athlon64 cooling

Scott Evans munkey1979 at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 05:51:47 UTC 2004

I just got done building a 3200+ Athlon64 system for a
friend about a month ago.  We just went with the
retail Heatsink/fan, (was told by AMD rep that it
would void the warranty by using a thrid party
heatsink/fan..go figure).  The only cooling sources in
the system are two basic 80mm case fans, the retail
heatsink/fan and a pci cyclone blower that sucks the
air out of the case.

The system is used for video editing.  And I check it
everytime I come over and the cpu temp has not reached
over 30 C. Not bad :-)

-Scott