[olug] Linux Filesystems

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Fri May 21 02:40:58 UTC 2004

I have used reiserFS for production and personal use machines for years. Even before SuSE
made it the default FS on their install. It is a very well rounded journalling FS.
A few years ago it was a pain for recovery since most rescues systems around
at that time did not have reiserFS utils. ( not that I needed a canned rescue ) ...

ReiserFS teamed with LVM is a beautiful match and has served me well in very heavy
use environtments, both DB and app serving (large and small file, and many files per dir)