[olug] Microsoft is out of control!

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Thu May 6 21:50:01 UTC 2004

Hello.

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 09:31:35AM -0700, Sean Edwards wrote:
> For those of you who have not heard, the target releas
> for the new Microsoft OS is 2007, and the code name is
> Longhorn.  The name of the project is quite
> appropriate after reading the hardware specs.  What is
> more frightening is that Microsoft is claiming that by
> 2007 the hardware specs will be reasonable.

How is that frightening? I would imagine Microsoft to be in a great
position to forecast the hardware scene in *three years*. How far has
hardware come in 3 years? I know I can buy a 200GB SATA disk now. Having
Microsoft saying "this is what we'll need" is a great thing, in my opinion.
Now we know what we can look forward to having. Microsoft isn't going to
design their product to run on machines no individuals can afford. So,
you are seeing what Microsoft expects consumers to be able to buy in
three years.

Just because they are teh eeevil Micro$oft doesn't mean you have to
drag their name through the mud and crap on everything they do. Does
it make me a bad person for owning Microsoft Office Xp, Microsoft
Windows XP, Microsoft Office v.X, and other Microsoft products?

> For you Mac fans, Longhorn will require graphics sub
> processors.  I also have a screenshot to send if
> anybody wants it.

What does this have to do with Mac fans? And in fact, where do
you see "graphics sub processors" listed in that article below?
All I see is mention of graphics cards 3x better than what we've
got today. In fact, what do you mean by "graphics sub processors?"

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org