[olug] SFTP to OpenSSH on NT

IrishMASMS at olug.org IrishMASMS at olug.org
Tue May 4 16:26:55 UTC 2004

> There appear to be two problems:
>
> 1) I had to massage the passwd file, the group
> assigned to the user name did not match.  I had to
> change the prefix on my user id (S-1-5-21) to match
> what the group file had (S-1-5-21).  Your mileage may
> vary.
>
> 2) After unmunging the passwd file, I was able to
> semi-successfully connect via SCP.  OpenSSH sent an
> error about no home directory.  After reading the
> documentation, you may have to hack away at your
> registry to resolve the home directory issue.
>
> -=Sean=-

Can we make this simple, and transfer files from within the SSH
connection? At least the SSH connectivity works...

When the ports are opened in the firewall, I'll run some more testing & if
I can not figure it out then it is time to get the vendor involved.

Thanks for your help Sean, you at least have me on the right track for
figuring this out.

Irish