[olug] SCSI Raid Adapter

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Tue May 4 13:10:11 UTC 2004

I'm looking for a SCSI Raid adapter with an internal 50 pin high-density
connector that will work "out of the box" on a Suse 9.0 or RH Enterpise
Linux 3 installation.

The rackmount case I am using already has the SCSI backplane.

It has an Intel SCSI Raid adapter currently in the rackmount box that I
have attempted to intall Suse 9.0, Fedora Core 1, and RH Enterprise Linux, and
all of them failed to have the module pre-built for the install.
Even the Red Hat drivers disks included on the CD do not have the module
pre-built.  I did not find a driver disk on Intel's site.  I would rather
replace it with something that I won't have to mess with driver disks.
(I have to take the access panel off to get inside the rackmount case to
attach a floppy)  This is a production box. :)

Knoppix has the module pre-built and it loads the module properly, but I
can't install knoppix and use it.

I have an IBM ServeRAID 3L, but if anyone has seen this card, you'll know
it's a Full Length card and may not fit inside my rackmount case.

Suprisingly, RH7.x had the module included.  However, the README for the
current offerings of the driver don't mention the card I have, so it
appears to have been dropped.

Any suggestions?
Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer (at) levania (dot) org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/