[olug] Software RAID / accidentally raidhotadd to wrong md

Terry td3201 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 21:26:41 UTC 2004

Ok...no guarentees here......

Answer #1 - No, you should be able to recover from
this.
Answer #2 - Read below....

- Assuming /dev/md2 is started
umount /dev/md2
raidhotremove /dev/md2 /dev/hdb2
raidhotremove /dev/md2 /dev/hdc2
mount /dev/md2

That should take the drives out of md2...and take the
references out of the superblock.  Do this and reboot
(just to be thorough)...you might want to comment
their references from fstab if you can....also single
user mode might be best here too.....

Also, paste your fstab of the relevant devices so I
don't tell you to do something completely stupid (if I
havent already, haha).

dont do a mkraid --really-force as that will wipe out
your data.  There are some tricks with mkraid you can
do to rebuild the superblock but i have never had to
do that so I am not going to recommend that to you at
this point, has to do with a --failed-disk paramater I
think.

May the force be with you....(god, no, not --force!)
:)

=====
Terry