[olug] LINUX on PPC : booting after installation

gvanmill at unmc.edu gvanmill at unmc.edu
Wed Mar 31 15:43:04 UTC 2004

OK, after much frustration, I got the Blue and white G3 to work.  It seems
that I needed to choose the automatic partition configuration. Apparently,
the apple boot partition needs to be initialized; that only the automatic
configuration does. Usually, I like to partition things manually.  When
you look at the partition table, there are two entries  for the apple boot
partition.  So what is this initialize process?  More to learn I guess.
--Glen

gvanmill at unmc.edu
Sent by: olug-bounces at olug.org
03/25/2004 11:53 AM
Please respond to
Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

olug at olug.org
cc

Subject
[olug] LINUX on PPC : booting after installation

Hi, I'm trying to get the G3 to boot after installing  Yellow dog linux.
All I get is the alternating folder / face icon.  What's wrong.

--Glen