[olug] Power Management for Linux Laptop

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Sat Mar 27 14:34:21 UTC 2004

What are the specs on the laptop?

If it's somewhat newer you should be using the acpi power management(dont
know if it's enabled in Knoppix, I'll try it later when I get to the
store,
I'm in the middle of setting up our new Athlon64 notebooks, so I'll know
more soon)

If it's newer you should also look for a cpu frequency adjustment daemon.
cpufreq/speedfreq/cpudyn