[olug] Question about cox.....=D

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 21:31:38 UTC 2004

Ok, they allow connections on some ports within their
internal network.

Since I do  not SPAM, nor do I have an eMail system
prone to the spontaneous propogation of eMail
messages, nor do I run a high-traffic web site, I do
not have a problem with their setup.  As long as I
comply with their network setup, I have not come
across an issue for which there is no configuration
tweak or work-around.  This may change in the future.
 I do have success with ssh and other protocols
working outside of cox's network.

The SMTP requirement for eMail originating from
anywhere on the Cox network is in place. but inbound
eMail to my home network is server to server, and does
not appear to go through Cox.  In other words,
inbound eMail appears to pipe straght into my home
network mail server, as long as my mail server likes
the name of the originating mail server.  I have
tested this from both my work account and my Yahoo
account.  The message header below is from a message
sent from my work account to my home email server
(inbound to cox), and there is no mention of a cox
anywhere (some items have been changed to protect the
unprodctive):