[olug] Linux on PPC

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 03:04:30 UTC 2004

Craig Wolf wrote:

>I have all the Mac OS CD's.  If you blow away the OS, don't worry about it.  I can help you get it up and running again with whatever OS you had on there.  8)  It pays to work in a school district...

Yes.  If you can boot from a CD, and run a couple utilities from a
floppy, it's easy to get Linux installed on a beige Mac.  Look for
something called "Jag's Super Booter" - it's a bootable single-floppy
System 7 disk with a few utilities for partitioning and such.  Of
course, you'll still need system installer disks too.

I also have a couple versions of Mac OS's around.  I really need to make
backups of the 7.1 install floppies before they die on me though...  Hey
Craig, is the district getting rid of any of that stuff?  :)

Speaking of old Mac stuff, anyone know where I could get a 5-device
50-pin SCSI ribbon?  I'm having SCSI-related problems with my Quadra 840
and someone suggested it might be the cable.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
www.ChristTrek.org