[olug] Slashdot article

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Mar 11 02:25:14 UTC 2004

Tim Larson said:
> I knew a kid that got picked on because of bad teeth,
> so he got braces.  When the braces were off, the kid still got picked
> on.  Self-confidence doing real things in the real world will probably
> help more.

Baby steps man, baby steps.

Sure, the average Student Union D&D group isn't the going to teach him how
to interact with everyone, but he has to start somewhere.  In this case,
they are probably in the same situation he is so he'll have more in common
with them.  As long as he has some sort of social interaction he is making
progress.

Dan