[olug] CMS recommendations

Matthew Platte plattem at inetnebr.com
Wed Mar 10 04:41:27 UTC 2004

Adam Haeder wrote:

> I'm looking for recommendations on web based content management systems.
> This is not for a business or even a public purpose. I'm looking for a
> basic journal-type system to keep my own notes in. It would also be nice
> to have a few options:
> - adding images to posting
> - search capability
>
> Most I see (phpnuke/slash/etc) are WAY too big for what I'm thinking of.
> Does anyone have any recommendations for personal journals systems like
> this? TIA

Drupal seemed easy to live with when I tried it out last year.  This is
not so much a recommendation as merely a suggestion.  I ended up diving
into Plone but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

--

"The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily
becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at
the inevitable."
- Marquis de Sade