[olug] Linux Lab Setup

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 13:22:15 UTC 2004

Thanks for the reply!

First of all, I will investigate the "thin" client
option.  Having worked with NIS/NIS+ in the past, I
will leave that as option B or C in the list.  There
are also password and other encryption issues with
NIS/NIS+.

The donated computers are a mix of PC's and Mac's, but
no OS on any of them.  The OS licenses for Winders and
Mac OS are still company assets, and will be
reassigned to other equipment. That leaves me no
choice but to use Linux for this project, which is a
good thing!

-=Sean=-