[olug] SCOx Sues A Customer

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Thu Mar 4 03:22:48 UTC 2004

When the fireworks erupted over this we started looking at
alternatives.(Always need a contingency plan)  FreeBSD being at the top of
the list(They fought AT&T some time ago and prevailed).  When RH got too
uppity to take our RHN money -- we said fine.  After looking at a bunch of
distros (really liked Debian) we decided that FreeBSD was the way to go.
We've been consolidating servers and migrating our linux boxes to FreeBSD.

It's got a learning curve but in this phase of the process it appears to
be well worth it.  We are still in the learning phase of the process by
the way.  I would expect to be in that phase for the next two years
though<g>.

I should mention that this conversion is for our servers.  For desktop,
well I'd move to Deb if I could get out from under M$.

-Jeff