[olug] interview

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Mar 3 17:52:04 UTC 2004

02fun-u2 said:
> what are your thought on dressing for the interview?
> i know you don't want to show up like you just rolled out of bed.
> Suit or Slacks w/ collard shirt and a a tie. (dressed up)
> or slacks w/ collard shirt,tie to casual.

My rule of thumb is basically one step "above" the people you are
interviewing with and/or your peers in the job you are applying for.

Don't blow them out of the water -- if you meet with a manager in a polo
shirt, a shirt and tie and jacket might be over the top.  You can be
over-dressed for a position, but I think under-dressed is the death knell.

Dan

P.S. This rule applies unless they are already in three-piece Armani suits...