[olug] Hauppauge PVR 250

Terry Bradshaw angrypuppy at tconl.com
Tue Mar 2 21:15:08 UTC 2004

Just a note to all you guys building MythTV boxes...

I have noticed the availability of Hauppauge PVR 250 cards dropping.  They
are out of stock on NewEgg.  CompUSA has some in stock (marked as a
CLEARANCE item), but from their web site, I get the impression that their
warehouses have no more.

It sounds like they are no longer being manufactured... something newer
must be replacing them.

I feared that the newer thing would not be supported under Linux, so I
rushed to CompUSA and grabbed one.  It set me back about $150.

If you don't know why this card is to be desired for MythTV, it is because
it has hardware encoding built into the card.  Multiple tuners are then an
option as well as a reduced processor load.

Terry