[olug] mon march 1 @ 8:30pm (BH 03) Schneier keynote (no tape next week)

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Mar 1 06:31:04 UTC 2004

Dear lists,

This week's UNO ACM SIG-INFOSEC tape selection is:
(note- there will be no tape for Monday March 8th)

Date: Monday, March 1st @ 8:30pm in PKI 279
Con: Blackhat 2003
Tape: K2 - Keynote: Following the Money: Security Proxies and Agenda
	by Bruce Schneier
more info:
http://blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-03/bh-usa-03-speakers.html#Schneier
http://blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-03/bh-us-03-schneier.pdf

( comments )  Another good presentation by Schneier (what else can you
expect?) addressing security in a general sense, and basically how it all
comes down to money.. the value of benefits perceived from security versus
it's costs.

( background )
The Information Security Special Interest Group (SIG-INFOSEC) of the
University of Nebraska at Omaha student chapter of the Association for
Computing Machinery (UNO ACM) would like to invite you to our next video
presentation of a talk given at past Defcon and Blackhat conferences.

UNO ACM SIG-INFOSEC tries to meet once a week to screen one of these tapes
and have an open discussion on the topic.  Meetings are open to the
general public and are usually held in PKI* Room 279 on Monday nights @
8:30pm for this Spring 2004 semester.

*Peter Kiewit Institute is located at 67th and Pacific Streets.

peace
Brian
--
Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x46D4332E    keyserver: pgp.mit.org