[olug] TightVNC settings from the outside

Eric Pierce eric_olug at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 18:37:52 UTC 2004

David, it looks like you were right(!)

Jay S. was kind enough to ssh into my computer (from the outside) and test vnc.
 Everything worked just fine.  (He also left behind a handy-dandy subnet scan
bash script)

What baffles me is that I swore I've ssh'ed into another computer on the LAN
pretending to come from the "outside" (i.e., accessing via the router's IP
address) and it worked.

Oh well.  I'm just happy to have a certified sanity check.

Thanks, Jay & David for your help.
Eric