[olug] nfs user map issues

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Wed Jun 16 16:23:09 UTC 2004

I've got an NFS share mounted locally at /mnt/nfs/lnxfile
The user that owns all the directories on the server is UID=100
"sambaguest". On my local machine UID=100 is "nagios". When I list
/mnt/nfs/lnxfile it says user nagios owns all the directories. I believe
that's causing some issues with an application that is served from the
NFS/SMB server as I'm unable to change some database files when mounted
via NFS.
The application works fine when mounted via Samba, but I'd like to avoid
using Samba if at all possible.

How can I make NFS not map the local user like that?

Thanks.

-- Ryan