[olug] OT?-- MPEG-4 files

Adam Lassek hayai2 at cox.net
Sat Jun 12 21:25:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 23:34, Joe Gulizia wrote:
> This may be off-topic but I have video files in MPEG-4
> format encoded using Quicktime's Open Source (Darwin
> Servers) that need to be opened by someone with
> Windows Media Player...any suggestions?  They have a
> very difficult time getting okay to download
> applications through their IT folks.

MPEG-4 under windows is not a problem, but quicktime is. To my
knowledge, there is no way to play a file encoded into a quicktime
container under Windows Media Player. He will have to install the
Quicktime player or convert the files to another container format like
AVI.

--
"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development
of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."