[olug] Suse 9.1/Compaq ProLiant 6000-Boot Sector

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Thu Jun 3 00:29:55 UTC 2004

 Did you fire this thing up with a non SMP kernel? That might work
wonders ... on some machines you can just pull the second processor,
some refuse to boot without the complement of CPUs. My Pentium Pro boxes
work fine in single processor mode, my Quad Xeon systems won't even
twitch without all four in place.