[olug] MythTV

PS patricks at digitalrom.com
Wed Jun 2 13:04:45 UTC 2004

Hello All,
I am looking for recommendations on setting up my MythTV box.  I finally
have all of the hardware (Dell GX260, Pent4 2GHz, 512M ram, PVR250,
nVidia Geforce 5200 and a 120G hard drive).  However, I can not
determine which OS or method to use in setting everything up.  So, oh
wonderful and mighty OLUG group, do I start with Myth 0.15? do I use
apt-get? or build from scratch? do I use Fedora Core 1 or 2, or how
about Suse 9.1 Pro?

I do not mean to start a distro war, I just want to get my Myth box
built and still have some sanity to enjoy the fruit of my labors.

Thanks for you time and consideration,
Patrick