[olug] OfficeDepot & PC Recycling

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 19:45:47 UTC 2004

Hi,

I haven't seen this on the list yet, but Office Depot is offering free recycling of Old PCs and
components.

http://www.officedepot.com/promo.do?file=/promo/pages/recycle.jsp

I know most of us "recycle" our PC by removing Windoze and putting Linux onto the machine.  But if
you're like me and I know I am :-) you've managed to accumulate a collection of monitors over the
years for which you've got little use. 13"-14"-14" with a halfway decent sync rate and so on which
are full of lead and other bad things for the environment.

Also Computers for Africa http://www.computers4africa.org/ or your local church is the ideal place
to donate your machine if it is in working condition and modern enough to be worth it.  But if
they're not this is a chance to get rid of some machines that aren't salvagable.

BTW - I haven't used this program yet, so I'm not sure how much of a hassle it is.

Regards,

Aaron
=-=-=
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying