[olug] talking about lunch

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Fri Jul 16 02:50:25 UTC 2004

Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG said:

> <quote who="Jeff Hinrichs">
>> Perhaps the  east/downtown group meeting should rotate.  Too many
>> lunch places will probably lead to very small groups.   If we created
>> a rotating schedule for Downtown/Bellevue/?CB? it might serve to
>> increase the head count??
>
> Eh, rotating venues would cause even more confusion. We have people who
> can not find our meeting location - even after being there for an
> installfest!

a very valid point.

>> p.s. As long as Jay and crew are on for Cali Tacos this Friday, we
>> should have a minimum of 4 attending.  That would tie the attendance
>> record set last  month<g>
>
> Well, I guess let us know how it goes. I've already coordinated with Jon
> Larson, Pete, & the gang at AIM to meet at Clancy's. This being the
> first Tux Luncheon I have been able to attend, and we needed a location
> midtown.

I'm not try to be difficult or cause problems, quite the opposite.  Turn
out at Clancy's has been quite small the past 3 months.
 Apr - Jay and his coworker (2)(sorry, I am bad with names)
 May - Myself and Robert (2)
 Jun - Jay and Crew and my Crew (4)

If there are really a number of you going to Clancy's I am torn.  I would
like to join all of you, but since I've been talking about Cali Tacos for
the past week or so, I don't want to abandon anyone with a change the
night before.  So, at a minimum, Robert and I will be at California
Tacos(33 and California).  Anyone who would like to join us is invited.
However, the official lunch will take place at Clancy's.

We'll have Tux and a BSD Daemon on the table with our laptops and tacos.

I'll see the rest of you Saturday.

-Jeff