[olug] ASUS and Linux

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 22:28:23 UTC 2004

I too have an Asus board (A7V-333 I do believe) and
seemed to run Linux just fine.  The only problem I had
with it was that it kept rebooting seemingly whenever
it felt like it.  Upon further investigation, I
discovered that the cause was probably a heat issue,
and therefore my own damn fault since I didn't have a
case fan it the box at the time.  Specs said something
about the mobo having an auto-shut off feature when
the processor got too hot.

But anyway, back to the article, it almost seemed like
to me that the author reverses himself about half way
through the first page.  He flat out admits that
almost no hardware manufacturers support Linux, but he
picks on Asus because of a testy tech support person?
Welcome to the world of people once again fearing what
they do not understand, I suppose.

Vince

=====
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   -- Benjamin Franklin