[olug] Reminder: InstallFest is This Saturday 12 noon - 6 pm

Redmond, Trevor tredmond at paypal.com
Wed Jul 14 14:14:07 UTC 2004

I'm going to the install fest and as newbie, I've experimented
with Slackware and Fedora so far. Slackware was, for me, tough
to get through. Tried Red Hat and wanted to give Fedora a shot.
Even tried Mandrake. Fedora lacks stuff for Mulitmedia or, I'm
just not knowing enough about it, as of yet.

I've heard, for newbies, that perhaps it would be best to stick
with SuSe or Mandrake 10.

Any advice about what I should use. I've read a lot of reviews online
but, not much to say either way. Red Hat, SuSe, and Mandrake are at the
Top of list. I'm into multimedia for digital video, and photography as
well as scanning. That's pretty much all I do for now. May set up a
FTP server and Web server Later. Dunno just yet.

A humble newbie,

Trevor !  :)