[olug] [OT] Delay of Cox mail??

Ben Dinger ben at mac-geek.com
Mon Jul 12 16:42:22 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 11:16:54AM -0500, Don Kauffman wrote:
> I've had a problem both receiving and sending email. I wonder if the
> virus scanning and spam scanning processes aren't what is causing the
> hold up. I don't know if they scan outgoing mail for spam or virus but
> if they do then that could be part of the problem.
>
> It's almost enough to make me look for another high speed service
> provider . . . However it's NOT enough to make me go to MSN/Qwest! Are
> there any other options for HS connections?

At work we have a Qwest 1536/896 DSL in our Fremont location, and I couldn't be happier with it.  It's cheap, like, damn cheap (read $50/mo), stable, and you don't have to get MSN.  You can get Qwest.net, or Internet Nebraska (http://www.inebraska.com) for an ISP.  Both are excellent choices.

Seriously, I hate Qwest.  I really, honestly do.  But you really can't beat that speed/price (espesically the upload!) ratio.  Hell, anything is better than Alltel's tiers :P.

--
Ben Dinger
ben at mac-geek.com
"The Pope?  How many divisions has he got?" --Josef Stalin