[olug] OT: network cam

Shaughn shaughn at emosai.net
Fri Jul 9 15:50:32 UTC 2004

Well i have that model of camera..

works over wifi, lan, or both. can be viewed jpeg, java, or activex..
640x480 @ < 10 fps is normal for me, the streaming frame-rate is
dependent on how fast / strong the wifi connection is.

It is platform independent because it just sits on an IP address, so if
you have a wifi router and wish to access it from outside, you will have
to setup a special port, or portforard to 80.

All in all, it's a handy camera, i use it for security reasons and just
for fun.