[olug] RH9 firewall security question

Francis Geiger hmcsret at cox.net
Sat Jan 31 23:04:56 UTC 2004

I have been reading about Linux security issues in Linux Journal. I have
my RH9 firewall set at high.  I used grc.com web site to check my
firewall and it reported my ports as closed or in stealth mode. The web
site did say the TruStealth: Not all tested ports were stealth, No
unsolicited packets were received, A ping reply ICMP Echo was received.
Should I be concerned about the ping reply?  If so what can I do about
it. I have been looking at the documentation and I are getting very
confused.  Thanks in advance for any help  Grant
--
Francis Geiger <hmcsret at cox.net>