[olug] NTPd w/modem support - OT tangent

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Sat Jan 31 04:35:52 UTC 2004

Jay wrote:
> I got an atomic wall clock for Xmas last year. Worked great for 3
> months, hasn't worked since from several different locations around
[snip]
> Anyone have one of these? Does it work? From what part of town?

My wife has been using a $25 alarm clock from Target that does nightly
time synchs from the NIST signal for about 6 months now, and my parents
have two 'similar' -- though not the same manufacturer from what I can
tell -- clocks like yours and theirs are still running fine after about
18-24 months...

Move your clocks out of your Farday cage! :)

Dan