[olug] DVDRip

G.M. mescie at cox.net
Sat Jan 31 03:54:32 UTC 2004

I about have DVDRip going but I can't figure this out..when I go to read
the contents of my cd drive,which is mounted and has a DVD movie in it I
get this error>
(dvd_reader.c) no support for DVD reading configured - exit.
(iodump.c) unable to open directory "/dev/dvd"
I tried changing permissions with chmod 676 .dev/dvd but it still reads
lr-xr-xr-x    1 mesc     root           31 Jan 30 15:11 /dev/dvd ->
scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd

/dev/dvd is a symbolic link to scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd would
that have anything to do with it?

				Thanks,Gary