[olug] DVD Ripper

G.M. mescie at cox.net
Fri Jan 30 20:56:12 UTC 2004

Jay Swackhamer wrote:
> DVDRip - http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/
>
> Is a frontend to transcode, it will help you to rip the dvd, and re-encode
> into an OGG/avi/mpeg/vcd/svcd format and burn to cdr/dvdr
>
> there is also a cluster mode so that you can enlist the idle cpu cycles of
> your other machines............
>

>>Can anyone recommend a DVD ripper  and a program to compress the ripped
>>DVD so it will fit on a 4.36 GB DVD so I can back up some of my DVD's?
>>

>>				Thanks,Gary

Thanks Jay

Can I just use the "ripping" part of that app?I'm looking for a program
that will re-encode it to .vob and .ifo files just like a DVD but if I
can't find one it's nice to know that I can always backup my DVD's to
svcd.....or is the way you're talking about encoding it to a
OGG/avi/mpeg/vcd/svcd format and burning it to cdr/dvdr
the same thing as what I want to do?

				Gary