[olug] OLUG February meeting conformation & reminder

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Thu Jan 29 04:01:43 UTC 2004

Reminder: The next OLUG meeting will be held on 2 February 2004 with the
following agenda:

First, our presentation:  The *nix file & directory structure – how & why
by Adam Header.

Why is the files and directories structured the way they are? Adam will
clear the fog surrounding this key topic. Structured towards the new Linux
& Unix user, but his talk will be open to anyone with constructive
comments and suggestions. From the looks of it a superb, back to basis
presentation that everyone can glean some information from.

Second: Door prize giveaway from the Install fest door prizes. Linux
games, Tux plushie, and more!
(Yes, to win you have to attend the Install fest & filled out the door
prize form and attend the next meeting.)

Third: OLUG Q & A
Have a question? Problem? Something still not working after the Install
fest? Bring them up during the OLUG Q & A!

After meeting: OLUG SIG-BEER and SIG-COFFEE

SIG-BEER at The Old Dundee
49th & Dodge (next to the Dundee Theater)
http://www.barmeister.com/cgi-bin/bar.view.pl?bar=96

SIG-COFFEE (for those who want a coffee & hate bars):
Blue Line
4924 Underwood (In the Dundee area), Omaha
Here is an article from the UNO Gateway on the venue:
http://www.unogateway.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/30/3f78c3d4e8bba

See you all at the meeting, or at the SIG gatherings! If you have any
questions, contact me off list.

Where & when is the OLUG meetings held? Read the FAQ:
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=Meetings

Check out the latest reviews fellow OLUGers have submitted:
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=Reviews

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson