[olug] Second monitor

mescie mescie at cox.net
Wed Jan 28 01:22:07 UTC 2004

I used the binary installer I got off the nvidia website and the
installlation went smoothly.And I edited the XF86Config-4 file (mandrake
9.1 distro) to read driver "nvidia"I haven't got to the TVout part yet.X
starts up fine with the nvidia splash screen appearing first but then
when I kill the X server the screen just goes blank,no  text or command
prompt.For the heck of it tho I blindly typed startx and my desktop
started up.Something to work on but at least I'm making a little progress.

             Gary