[olug] Second monitor - NVidia Card?

Tim - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Tue Jan 27 20:23:46 UTC 2004

The twinview works pretty well, it's all done inside the device section of
XF86Config (-4 dep on distro).

You may need to play with different releases, nvidia keeps many of the older
ones in an archive on their site - this is especially true if you want to
use the TV OUT - sometimes new drivers don't work with particular setups.

Finally if you have an AGP card, it's Mode heavily depends on your distro
and whether any AGP support is built into the kernel.

Try

Option "NvAGP" "0"

With 0 1 and 2...3 is the default and means "attempt to autoselect" which
didn't work for some of my hardware on Mandrake 9.2 or Fedora 1...

If you get the NVidia splash screen at startup, you're gold.

-t