[olug] Re: [SL] Mandrake-Linux 9.2 and Postgresql

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Sat Jan 24 19:17:12 UTC 2004

Although no one explicitly said that loading all the packages out of the box
wouldn't be enough, enough people indicated that it was necessary to go to
the RPMs and load them (in my case, using RPMDRAKE) that I did it. That
solved the problem. I had been using locate to check up on what I had. That
is where I got the clue that the includes and libs were missing. I still
don't know what RPMs do need to be loaded. I loaded up everything with pg or
postgres in its name that wasn't obviously witless (like the snort-postgres
RPMs).

My original problem was solved. DBD-Pg.pm wasn't present. It now is. In
complaining that the DBD_DNS is not set in the 'make test'. I will ignore
this and go forward with the earlier version of DBD-Pg.pm as installed from
the RPM and assume that the DBD_DNS will not be a problem for SQL Ledger.

I'm used to using whereis. The whatis was new to me. Both work on my system.
It would be nice to work out the list of postgreSQL RPMs that are actually
needed for Mandrake-Linux (and SQL Ledger).

Thank you all for your help.