[olug] VPN / iptables type question

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Thu Jan 22 18:55:24 UTC 2004

Here's an example of an in-use solution

Company1 - Freeswan <--> Internet  <--> Freeswan Company2
(subnet1)                                        (subnet 2)

The rules are setup that
>From Subnet1 <-> Subnet2  encrypted over VPN
     Subnet1 <-> anywhere else - direct
     Subnet2 <-> anywhere else - direct

>From Internet
Poptop(pptpd) on Company1's Gateway allows incoming connections from
client machines.

you can do the threeway connection the same way, with all being able to
route through or only C1 <-> SC and C2 <-> SC