[olug] the Omaha Area Linux Company List, January 2004

Mat olug at phpconsulting.com
Mon Jan 19 07:13:34 UTC 2004

Hi OLUG'ers:

O.K.  I finally got around to putting the list of Omaha area "Linux
companies" online.  This list originated here on the OLUG mailing list
and really deserved a permanent home.  Anyway, I think it turned out
pretty well.  Please come check it out:
   http://linux.phpconsulting.com

Obviously this list is pretty small compared to the real-world Linux
usage.  Case in point: anyone with a recent Linksys wireless router in
their house, is technically running Linux.  I think that the goal here
is to include all local businesses where Linux is accepted by
management on the grounds of cost benefits or technical merits, in
whatever dark corner of the server closet it may occur.

Does anyone know whether Cox Communications should make the list?  I think
it would be hard to run an ISP without deploying a linux kernel somewhere.
We should put FNTS on it because they run a Linux-friendly data
center.  Also, Bob's company ought to be on here.  Please stop by and
submit your employer.  I know that there were some schools from the
list that got passed around in December that I missed,
so please add those if you know what they are.

To prevent spurious postings to the list, it is moderated, so don't expect
your post to show up immediately.

Finally, I had a good time at the installfest.  Thanks for all of the hard
work that went into making it a success.  You guys rock!

Mat Caughron
PHP Consulting

Disclaimer: being listed doesn't mean that any party is endorsing or
approving any other party.  Presence on the list is merely intended to
indicate an openness to open source, in whatever shape that might
take.  All other appropriate disclaimers, plus a few more, apply here.