[olug] Password

Ken emptymm at cox.net
Mon Jan 19 04:14:52 UTC 2004

G.M. wrote:
> Thanks Ryan that got me back into linux.I'm running mandrake 9.1 btw.I
> couldn't reply to you from my linux because something else is screwy.My
> start menu only has logoff,bookmaks and a couple other things I can't
> remember.No apps,settings,mulimedia.not even any sound.Anyone have any ideas
> on that?
>
>             Gary Martin

Assuming you're using Gnome then you can rebuild all your menus for a
user from default by deleting (or renaming) the .gconf* and .gnome*
folders in your home directory and restarting gnome (logout/login)..

This will restore the default desktop menus and clear all your current
desktop settings and shortcuts..
-Ken