[olug] The Alsa Blues

thehaas at binary.net thehaas at binary.net
Wed Jan 14 15:42:18 UTC 2004

I upgraded to 2.6.1 yesterday and all went well -- except for sound.
For some reason, I can't get Alsa to recognize my EIAS SB AWE-32 even
though it's listed.  It seems that ALSA can't find my card at all.
>From my dmesg:

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.1 (Tue Dec 30 10:04:14 2003 UTC).
ALSA device list:
  No soundcards found.

I compiled ALSA, OSS Emulation, and the AWE-32 drivers into the
kernel, as opposed to compiling them as modules.  Was this my mistake?
Anyone else have ideas?  Using an AWE-32 should be dead simple, and it
was with OSS . . .

--
Mike Hostetler
thehaas at binary.net