[olug] Best deal I've seen on Dell Servers in a long time

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Wed Jan 14 07:29:32 UTC 2004

Harrison, Thomas wrote:
> Probably good for tonight only.
>
> This comes out to $308 per server with a Digital Cameral or Palm Pilot
> wannabe thrown in.
> For $100 less you can get a 2G Celeron ( 533MHz FSB ).

The relatively "uninteresting" - aka the entry-level - systems have been
cheap for a long time now.  If a basic computer with a Celeron or P4 and
IDE drives is all you need they're a great deal.

Unfortunately if you need something with a little more muscle and/or
redundancy the price rises very quickly (the cheapest Dell w/ redundant
power, Adaptec RAID controller & mirrored drives is $2k).

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us