[olug] 20 years of GNU - free as in freedom

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Jan 12 19:00:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:30:54 -0600
Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:

|> The Free Software Community After 20 Years: With great but incomplete
|> success, what now?
|>
|> http://www.newsforge.com/software/04/01/05/1146229.shtml
|> By Richard Stallman
|
|I have a copy of "Free as in Freedom," an (the?) RMS biography. If
|folks are interested I can add it to the Perl Monger library for people
|to borrow.

Good book imho - finally got me to really understand and appreciate all
the work RMS has done.  I have a copy to lend as well if interested...
it's also available online to read in Oreilly's open book section.  Nice
quick read and great background/history reference.
http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/

--
Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x2FD6AF16    keysvr: pgp.dtype.org