[olug] Suse 9.0 Pro ISOs on FTP server

Robert A. Jacobs r.a.jacobs at cox.net
Mon Jan 12 07:21:03 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 22:59, Daniel Linder wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 09:35, Daniel Linder wrote:
> > Ok, I'm finally home and I have moved the ISO images for 4&5 to the new
> > location.  My home system via Cox cablemodem is able to download the iso
> > images at 350 KB/sec so hopefully others are seeing good DL speeds too.
> > Again, the url is: ftp://ftp2.linder.org/pub/Suse/9.0
>
> "Robert A. Jacobs" <r.a.jacobs at cox.net> wrote:
> > Not sure what the problem is - or if anyone else is having it - but I've
> > tried your server repeatedly over the last few days and I keep getting a
> > dropped connection.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this when attempting to connect to
> > ftp2.linder.org?
>
> My home machine is pulling down disk5 at 355KB/sec right now (Sat night at
> 10:30PM).  Did anyone else notice any problems?

Just tried again (Monday Morning, 1:18 AM) and this is what I got
(output is from gFTP 2.0.16):

Looking up ftp2.linder.org
Trying ftp2.linder.org:21
Connected to ftp2.linder.org:21
220 Welcome to the ftp2.linder.org ftp server.
USER anonymous
331 Please specify the password.
PASS xxxx
230 Login successful. Have fun.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
TYPE I
200 Switching to Binary mode.
PWD
257 "/"
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (207,15,38,91,48,104)
Cannot create a data connection: Connection refused
Disconnecting from site ftp2.linder.org

Hope that helps.

rob