[olug] Redhat 9 to Fedora?

Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com
Sat Jan 10 01:20:12 UTC 2004

There are very few functional differences between Core1 and RHL9.
I'd call it more "leading edge" than "bleeding edge".  Fedora is stable
and everything is QA tested.

You can probably get some good info here:
http://members.cox.net/drizzt/RHL_to_Fedora.htm

I've never done an upgrade on any OS, so I have no comment there.

Ken <emptymm at cox.net>
Sent by: olug-bounces at olug.org
01/09/2004 06:27 PM
Please respond to
Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
cc

Subject
[olug] Redhat 9 to Fedora?

I'm currently using running RH9 for my home desktop/workstation and have
been thinking about "upgrading" to Fedora Core 1.  Anyone have any
experiences in making the transition?  I'm lured by the "bleeding edge"
packages and I don't need rock-solid stability but do need to be able to
work consistently (web/email/ssh/ooffice) without having to tweak
something every half-hour..

Any experiences in "upgrading" vs a "clean" install would also be helpful.

Thanks,
Ken