[olug] Server Farms

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Feb 25 19:15:09 UTC 2004

I'm not trying to be flip, but how can you determine if you can do task X
if you don't know what task X is?  What if Task X involves OS/390
mainframes and all you've had is experience on is Linux on Intel.  What if
the project doesn't even involve Linux?

I guess if you really can't get any info on the project until you commit to
it or not, then you have a choice.  Say "Yes", and leap blindly into the
fray and have faith that you can overcome any obstacles, or say "No".
This sounds like one of those "Great opportunities" that will either make
you look really good, or really really bad depending on outcome.  Either
way you'll most likely learn a lot.  It's up to you to decide if you want
to take the risk.

Bill