[olug] Point of Sale software

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Mon Feb 23 17:46:25 UTC 2004

A friend of mine wants to do a consignment clothing business.

She asked if I knew of any software that would do this.  I prefer to use
Opensource software and would preferably set it up on Linux.  She doesn't
want to accept credit cards only cash and check.  Inventory is an issue
and selling the right product and making sure it was attributed to the
right "vendor" so she can pay that person is the other issue.

I've looked at freshmeat and nothing caught my eye when I checked out the
point of sale section.  Does anybody know of a system that can do this?

I have 4 weeks to find something or build a database to do it.  Building
the database would be very difficult for me because I would pretty much
have to learn that from scratch.  I need to learn it anyways but I was
hoping for a prepackaged solution first.

Thanks
Eric Penne