[olug] Portal Software

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Sun Feb 22 06:59:59 UTC 2004

Sean Edwards said:
> I am considering using some portal software on a
> personal web site.  I an not sure, but I think olug is
> using phpNuke.  PostNuke is also available.
>
> Does anybody know the differences, advantages,
> disadvantages of one over the other?  Has anybody
> evaluated these two projects and selected one?  I have
> both installed and running, but I would like some
> opinions before committing to one.

I didn't like either one. I use geeklog (http://www.geeklog.net/).
It is straight forward and simple to set up.  However, you didn't list the
portal features that you are interested in.  Another reason is Tony, the
lead developer is over in Des Moines and we bump in to each other
electronically from time to time on the komodo, php and python lists.

Sorry if I expanded your comparison table by 1 <g>

-jeff