[olug] re: favor to ask: access to a thinkpad for an afternoon

Adam Korab adam at ledhazard.net
Sat Feb 7 03:53:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 10:00:45PM -0600, Mat wrote:

> Carl:
>
> PS2 port on the back of a thinkpad 570 has a mouse icon over it (mouse
> only?)  Tried a PS2 keyboard with it but no response.  Also, you
> apparently can't control the things BIOS with a usb keyboard.

My A22p is the same way.  Spend 7 bucks at your local computer parts
store for the keyboard/mouse Y adapter and you'll be in business.

Alternatively, get a PS2 to USB adapter and plug it in that way.

--Adam
--
"A workstation without a network is like a geek in a field all by himself.
It looks intriguing, unusual and different but no one will come within 20