[olug] Debian

John DiMartino john_dimartino at mac.com
Sun Feb 1 22:22:27 UTC 2004

Okay... I am checking out Debian (I have never used it before) and there
seems to be 3 types of Debian:  stable, unstable, and testing.  I have
no clue which to use.

I am going to be using it as a desktop/test computer and I use a lot of
the latest hardware like USB keys and that type of thing.  I will also
use it for homework and some student programming so I need something
somewhat reliable.

I figured I should go with unstable or testing but I'm not sure of the
difference.  What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
John